Gala Auction Step and Repeat Photos by Patricia Thornham
Gala Auction Party Photos by Haute Photography
IFDA Arizona Chapter
The IFDA Arizona chapter headquarters, located in Scottsdale in the heart of the design district, attracts members from all over the state.
Details About Arizona’s 2016 Take A Seat
After doing years of our highly successful fund raising event, “Tableau”, Arizona is excited to participate with chapters across the country to be part of a much bigger event that helps even more people.We are pleased to announce our Emcee for the event- Nicole Crites, afternoon anchor on KTVK Channel 3 is returning. Award winning and Emmy nominated for her breaking news and feature reports. Nicole was the perfect choice as she also actively serves on the board for our beneficiary, Military Assistance Mission. Supporting Arizona and her community are of utmost importance as she is a Tucson native and mother of two.
Fund raising efforts and auction bidding will yet again be conducted by Josh Levine of J.Levine Auction and Appraisal. You’ve likely seen Mr. Levine on any number of Arizona’s morning shows as he is very active in the community, whether he’s promoting a new collection or donating his time to a worthy cause. Mr. Levine’s experience in refinishing, refurbishing and appraising fine art and furniture make him a perfect choice for our event. Not to mention his wit and charm!
Take A Seat Exhibition
We are super excited to announce that the 2016 Take A Seat designer chairs will be on exhibit at world renowned Scottsdale Fashion Square!
- Dates: Sep 28 – Oct 13, 2016
- Location: Scottsdale Fashion Square’s Luxury Wing, between Nieman Marcus and Dillards – 7014 E Camelback, Scottsdale AZ 85251
- Time: Chairs may be viewed during regular mall hours
- Monday – Saturday 10a-9p
- Sunday 11a -6p
- Cost: Free admission.
- Media coverage: In The Media
Take A Seat Arizona Gala Auction
At the end of the exhibition, chairs will be available for live auction to raise money for Military Assistance Mission. We are raising the bar this year with a black tie event which will be held on the second floor of Barney’s at Scottsdale Fashion Square. That’s right, we’ve got the whole place to ourselves! Live music, delicious catered food and signature libations will set the scene for a fantastically fun Friday night. Why not make it a date night?!
Arizona Gala Auction Event
- Dates: Friday, October 14, 2016
- Location: Second Floor between Forever 21 and the new Harkin’s Theaters
- Time: 6:30pm – 10:00pm (program & auction starts at 8p)
- Cost: $75 before Sep 28th and $100 after and at the door.
- Ticket includes an array of tantalizing bites made by award winning Chef Tony Rea if Creations in Cuisine Catering AND drinks hosted by Alyshaan Fine Rugs.
- For tickets to this exciting event- click here.
- Call 480-500-1967, email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need further information
Take A Seat Arizona Charity
The 2016 Take A Seat charity theme is “Helping Heroes at Home.” We chose Military Assistance Mission again as our charity because MAM represents one of the core values that is so important to our members- making a difference in our local community. Another key factor in our selection process was that they have a really low overhead with 90% of donations actually helping those in need. They operate very lean, so they can give more- just like us!
Margy Bons has been helping our troops since she lost her oldest son, Michael in Iraq on May 7, 2005. Her passion to help those who fight for our freedom can not be measured. “We are all one big family and until that service member can get home, we have to step up to the plate to support those that are left behind. Please help us by supporting Military Assistance Mission so that we can help those Arizona families.”- Margy Bons. Learn more about Margy’s mission.
Watch Our Preparations
Follow the Arizona chapter as it prepares for the 2016 Take A Seat exhibition.
You can join us!
There are lots of ways that you can get involved with the 2016 Take A Seat exhibition with the IFDA Arizona chapter.
- Want to contribute a chair in AZ? Chair registration is closed as all spots are full!
- Want to attend the exhibition? The exhibition will be open to the public free of charge. Preview and pick your favorite chair from Sep 28th – Oct 13th at Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Want to attend the gala auction? The gala auction is a ticketed event held at 6:30 pm on October 14 at former Barney’s of New York, second floor, at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Buy tickets here.
- Want to become a member of IFDA Arizona? Visit the IFDA Membership Page.
- Want to become a patron for Take A Seat? We have local and national patron opportunities.
IFDA Arizona is currently seeking all levels of Local Patrons. Download the Patron Packet or DONATE NOW with PayPal! All local Patrons will have their company names or logos with links to their web pages posted here.
The 2016 Chair Design Team
Meet the 2015 Take A Seat Chair Designers – AZ
2014 Arizona Take A Seat Gallery
The Arizona Chapter was one of six chapters to participate in the second annual Take A Seat, along with Washington DC, New York, Philadelphia, Palm Beach, and San Francisco. There were 27 chairs exhibited around 14 galleries in the Scottsdale Art District. The live auction was hosted and held by Legacy Gallery and proceeds benefitted Military Assistance Mission. Check out the beautiful chairs from last year and we’ve got some fun photos of the gala auction event, as well.
2013 Take A Seat Gallery
The New York chapter was one of three chapters who launched Take A Seat in 2013, along with Southern California and Osaka, Japan.
The 2013 Take A Seat exhibition was held in New York City at Lillian August on May 14, 2013. There were 23 chairs exhibited and auctioned that night. IFDA NY donated the proceeds to Hurricane Sandy and Japan Tsunami relief efforts. Check out the designer folio and see each of the chairs and designers who participated in the event from IFDA NY. We have a collection of photos from the New York event in our gallery. You can also check the chapter’s blog, the IFDA Take A Seat Facebook page, and the IFDA NY Pinterest board for even more pictures and news about the event.