IFDA Florida Chapter
The IFDA Florida Chapter headquarters, located in Boca Raton FL, supports members from all over the sunshine state area.
2015 Take A Seat Details Coming Soon!
The IFDA Florida chapter is excited to participate in its 2nd annual Take A Seat exhibition this year!
2014 Take A Seat Exhibition Overview
The Take A Seat designer chairs will be on exhibit in the windows of Capitol Lighting in Boca Raton.
- Dates: Oct 2 to Oct 10, 2014
- Location: Capitol Lighting, 7301 N. Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33487
- Time: Showroom Hours: Mon-Fr 9:30-5:30, Sat 9:30-5:00, Sun 12-5, window gazing around the clock.
- Cost: Free admission to view the chairs in the showroom.
- Media coverage: In The Media
Take A Seat Florida Gala Auction
The gala auction of the chairs will be held on Saturday, October 11, 2014 at The Boca Museum of Art.
Florida Gala Auction
- Dates: Saturday, October 11, 2014
- Location: Boca Museum of Art, Mizner Plaza, 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, Florida 33432
- Time: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Ticket Costs: $40 before October 1, $50 after and at the door.
- For tickets to this exciting event REGISTER HERE.
- Call Caroline Rogow, Chapter President, for more information: 954-401-4292
Take A Seat Florida Charity
The 2014 Take A Seat charity theme is “Helping Heroes at Home.” We chose Habitat for Humanity, Veteran’s Build Affiliate in South Palm Beach as our local charity to support their dedication to the fight against homelessness. The IFDA Florida chapter has actively participated in builds for years, so it only seemed fitting that we continue our support. Some of the proceeds will also support chapter professional development.
Watch Our Preparations
Follow the Florida chapter as it prepares for the 2014 Take A Seat exhibition.
You can join us!
There are lots of ways that you can get involved with the 2014 Take A Seat exhibition with the IFDA Florida chapter.
- Want to contribute a chair? Learn more about the designer process. Chair design registration is open to all IFDA Florida members on a first-come, first- serve basis. Select industry professionals (non-members) will be asked to participate by invitation. The registration fee is $75 for members, $95 for non-members which includes one invitation to the kick off party and one invitation to the Gala Auction Event. Contact the chapter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Want to attend the exhibition? The Take A Seat designer chairs will be on exhibit in the windows of Capitol Lighting in Boca Raton. The exhibition will be open to the public free of charge during regular showroom hours.
- Want to attend the gala auction? The gala auction is a ticketed event held at 6:00 pm on October 11 at an amazing location to be announced. Stay tuned for ticket information.
- Want to become a member of IFDA Florida? Visit the IFDA Membership Page.
- Want to become a patron for Take A Seat? We have local and national patron opportunities.
Thank you to our Chapter Patrons for their support!
Friends of Take A Seat
Tito’s Handmade Vodka
Jeff Rogow Upholstery
France Miville Realty, Inc.
Virtual Design Resource Center
Publix (logo not in time)
Dr. & Mrs. Phil & Marti Heller
IFDA Florida is currently seeking all levels of Local Patrons. You can become a Take A Seat national or local patron. All local Patrons will have their company logos with links to their web pages posted here.
2014 Take A Seat Chair Designers – Florida
All chair designers will have a photo, bio and link to their respective web page. Learn more about the designer process. Here’s what the NY Designer Gallery looks like:
Meet the IFDA NY Take A Seat 2014 Designers
2013 Take A Seat
The New York chapter was one of three chapters who launched Take A Seat in 2013, along with Southern California and Osaka, Japan.
The 2013 Take A Seat exhibition was held in New York City at Lillian August on May 14, 2013. There were 23 chairs exhibited and auctioned that night. IFDA NY donated the proceeds to Hurricane Sandy and Japan Tsunami relief efforts. Check out the designer folio and see each of the chairs and designers who participated in the event from IFDA NY. We have a collection of photos from the New York event in our gallery. You can also check the chapter’s blog, the IFDA Take A Seat Facebook page, and the IFDA NY Pinterest board for even more pictures and news about the event.