IFDA New York Chapter
2015 Take A Seat Event Details
Check out the 2015 New York Event and Chair Folio!
There is a lot of great information detailed on this page. We also encourage you to visit our local event page to receive the most up-to-date information and buy tickets for the event.
About This Year’s Event
Take A Seat at ICFF
- May 16-May 19: Designer chairs will be displayed at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair at the Javits Center. Visit us at Booth #3033!
Gala and Auction
- Wednesday, May 27 (6:30-8:30 PM): Join our Master of Ceremonies Michael Tavano at this year’s Gala where our designer chairs will be auctioned off to benefit Habitat for Humanity NYC.
- Safavieh Home Furnishings
902 BroadwayBroadway & 20thNew York, NY 10010
- Safavieh Home Furnishings
All For A Good Cause
Proceeds from New York’s Take A Seat will benefit Habitat for Humanity NYC to help build affordable housing and sustainable homeownership for low-income families within our 5 boroughs.
Building on our legacy of pioneering women with a vision to strengthen leadership and service in the furnishings and design industry, IFDA NY is a 2015 Habitat for Humanity Women Build ambassador. This year, with the help of our event Patrons, chair designers and you, IFDA is hoping to do more than simply raise awareness and funds for the cause. We want to put our unique membership to work!
Proceeds from this year’s Take A Seat charity auction will help underwrite an IFDA NY team at Habitat’s September Women Build.
Interested In Becoming A Chair Designer?
Area professionals including architects, builders, craftsmen, and designers are participating in Take A Seat for charity. Individual students and student teams are also encouraged to sign-up as chair designers.
To become a New York Chapter chair designer click here.
Each submission will need to provide
- a headshot;
- a 100-word company description;
- a chair name;
- a 100 word chair description;
- a “before” shot of the chair or materials.
Drop off locations will be emailed to chair designers by Friday, May 1, 2015. All chairs must be completed and delivered by Wednesday, May 6, 2015.
Please Note: All chairs become property of IFDA upon submission as they are considered part of your donation to select charities and/or the Women’s Institute of Economic Housing and Economic Development.
Call For Support
Vendors are encouraged to provide materials in-kind and/or become a Take A Seat Patron to enhance and promote international trade with the furnishings and design industry members. Showrooms are encouraged to display chairs for the traveling exhibit which will attract both trade and consumer traffic.
There are 7 sponsorship levels for the Third Annual International Take A Seat event.
To sponsor, please contact Deborah Martin at email@example.com.
How To Get Involved
There are lots of ways that you can get involved with the 2015 Take A Seat exhibition with other IFDA chapters.
- Want to contribute a chair? Learn more about the designer process. Chair design registration is open to all IFDA members on a first-come, first- serve basis. Select industry professionals (non-members) will be asked to participate by invitation. Contact the chapter nearest you to register.
- Want to become a member of IFDA? Visit the IFDA Membership Page.
- Want to become a patron for Take A Seat? We have local and national patron opportunities.
Connect With Us!
See all of New York’s activities as designers prepare for the 2015 Take A Seat event.
IFDA NY would like to thank the following local patrons for supporting our 2015 Take A Seat Auction for Charity event at Safavieh.
You can still become a Take A Seat national or local patron for another chapter.