IFDA Washington Chapter
The IFDA Washington Chapter supports members from the DC, Maryland, and Virginia areas.
2014 Take A Seat Details
The IFDA Washington chapter is excited to participate for its first time in the the second Take A Seat exhibition!
Take A Seat Exhibition
The Take A Seat designer chairs will be on exhibit for public viewing in the windows of Room&Board, 1840 14TH Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Dates: Oct 2 to Oct 15, 2014
- Location: Room&Board
- Time: Regular Store Hours or window gazing around the clock:
- Monday – Friday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Sunday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cost: Free admission to view the chairs
- Media coverage: In The Media
Take A Seat Washington Gala Auction
The chair auction will be held at Room&Board.
Philadelphia Gala Auction
- Dates: Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Location: Room&Board, 1840 14TH Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Time: TBA
- Ticket Costs: IFDA Members- $10; Non-Members- $35; Students $5; $40 at the door
- For tickets to this exciting event go to: REGISTER HERE
Take A Seat Washington Charity
The 2014 Take A Seat charity theme is “Helping Heroes at Home.” We chose Team Red, White and Blue as our local charity to support their mission to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.
Watch Our Preparations
Follow the Washington chapter as it prepares for the 2014 Take A Seat exhibition.
You can join us!
There are lots of ways that you can get involved with the 2014 Take A Seat exhibition with the IFDA Washington chapter.
- Want to contribute a chair? Learn more about the designer process. Chair design registration is open to all IFDA Philadelphia members on a first-come, first-serve basis. Select industry professionals (non-members) will be asked to participate by invitation. The registration fee is $75 for members, $95 for non-members and $45 for students (i.d. required) which includes one invitation to the kick off party and one invitation to the Gala Auction Event. Contact the chapter by email at email@example.com or register online.
- Want to attend the exhibition? The Take A Seat designer chairs will be on exhibit at Room&Board in DC. The exhibition will be open to the public free of charge.
- Want to attend the gala auction? The gala auction is a ticketed event held on October 15 at Room&Board, 1840 14TH Street NW, Washington, DC 20009. Stay tuned for ticket information.
- Want to become a member of IFDA Philadelphia? Visit the IFDA Membership Page.
- Want to become a patron for Take A Seat? We have local and national patron opportunities.
IFDA Wahsington is currently seeking all levels of Local Patrons. You can become a Take A Seat national or local patron. All local Patrons will have their company logos with links to their web pages posted here.
2014 Take A Seat Chair Designers – Washington
All chair designers will have a photo, bio and link to their respective web page. Learn more about the designer process. Here’s what the Designer Gallery will look like:
Meet the IFDA Washington Take A Seat 2014 Designers
2013 Take A Seat
The New York chapter was one of three chapters who launched Take A Seat in 2013, along with Southern California and Osaka, Japan.
The 2013 Take A Seat exhibition was held in New York City at Lillian August on May 14, 2013. There were 23 chairs exhibited and auctioned that night. IFDA NY donated the proceeds to Hurricane Sandy and Japan Tsunami relief efforts. Check out the designer folio and see each of the chairs and designers who participated in the event from IFDA NY. We have a collection of photos from the New York event in our gallery. You can also check the chapter’s blog, the IFDA Take A Seat Facebook page, and the IFDA NY Pinterest board for even more pictures and news about the event.